Web to Print
Many print programs are modeled around specific template choices. Once the user selects the template, they can then customize it according to their needs. The most effective solution for such a program is to provide a web-enabled portal for the customer to use to accomplish this task.
Web to Print (W2P) systems are very effective for many applications:
- Corporate ID Programs – business cards, stationery, etc.
- Collateral Material – customized for divisions, locations, sales agents or resellers.
- Post Card Call to Action Programs – allowing for content management and uploading data.
- Manuals – providing the ability to combine generic and custom content.
The biggest advantage of a W2P program is that it allows the customer to construct their document, see a soft proof and submit an order all in one session. No visits, phone calls or hard proof approvals are required. The sites are password protected so they are secure. Other advantages include:
- Digital Asset Management (DAM) – All digital assets are controlled and managed to the customers specifications.
- Brand Control – The brand management rules are enforced enterprise wide for corporate ID programs.
- Inventory Control – Most products are produced on demand eliminating the risk of obsolescence.
- Credit Card – Credit card processing can be an integral part of the workflow.
- Back End Automation – Between the W2P system and production systems is crucial to controlling costs and quality.
Dispatch provides two Web to Print technologies. Brand Manager was developed in house for Corporate ID and Collateral programs. It is totally integrated with our production platform.
Dispatch is also licensed with and utilizes the four51 platform. Four51 is the pre-eminent ASP model for Web to Print in our industry supporting all participants in the supply chain.